Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Brideshead, The Movie

I watched the recent Brideshead Revisited movie last night. It was pretty faithful to the book, yet different enough to hang together as a movie. It's worth watching for the gorgeous locales alone! Emma Thompson was perfect as Lady Marchmain.

I was a little nervous watching it. Usually, when I really love a book, the movie is nothing but disappointing. There are some I've even refused to see--Snow Falling on Cedars is the one that comes to mind. I think I'm looking forward to the Time Traveler's Wife movie . . . but again, it might only be disappointing.

The reading is still going well, even though my book-finishing momentum has slowed. It's not that I'm not trying--I'm halfway through The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb . . . in all of its 700-page glory. It's a great book so far. It covers the Columbine shootings and some of those scenes are so haunting. I first read Wally Lamb when I got a copy of I Know This Much Is True as part of the studio audience at a book club episode at The Oprah Show. True story!

No comments:

Post a Comment